Monday, December 27, 2010

Foolproof Standing Rib Roast

This year was the third year we hosted Christmas Eve at our home and it was the best year yet.  I made a standing rib roast again and used the same Paula Dean recipe I have used every year - it came out pretty perfect, again!  Everyone enjoyed it and we can't wait to eat the leftovers.  I didn't get any great pictures of the rib roast once it was cooked, so table shots will have to do. :)
The rib roast before....

and after...sliced and served on the table.
Find the recipe here.....I did not change anything about the recipe at all except that I used a lot more than one tablespoon of house seasoning.  I did not measure how much I used but I rubbed it all over the roast - all sides, on the bones, everywhere.  :)  The roast had an amazing flavor and the seasoning created a really nice crust on the outside of the meat.  Can't wait until next year to make it again - I feel like it gets better every year.  Also - make sure you do not open the oven, just as the recipe says.  It will be difficult but don't do it!

I served the roast w/a garden salad with homemade ranch & parmesan crisps, garlic mashed potatoes, and a yummy green bean recipe, with creme brulee for dessert.  More recipes coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment