Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jalapeno Ranch Salad Dressing

One of our favorite meals around here is taco salad - we love it!  I think what we love most about it is the jalapeno ranch salad dressing we put on top of it.  This dressing is so good and you can put it on anything - salad and fish tacos go from pretty good to really delicious with this dressing.  You can use it for up to 4 weeks and it comes together in about 3 minutes.
I forgot to take a picture of everything in the blender, so this is the best I could do.

Ingredients:
2 cups ranch salad dressing (bottle/homemade)
2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed and seeded - cut in half
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
2 tbsp lime juice

Directions:
Place all ingredients in either a blender or food processor.  Blend until smooth.
Yummy taco salad before the dressing - excuse our Christmas bowls.  We have finally put them away, ha!
Mmm, this makes me hungry!
I don't really follow this recipe exactly - you can keep adding/blending until it's just right for your tastes.  Example - I normally keep the seeds in one of the jalapenos because we like a little spice.  Last week when I made this instead of my normal Hidden Valley Ranch in a bottle I made the 'homemade' ranch dressing using the Hidden Valley packet of mix/milk/mayo  - that stuff is yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment