Monday, May 17, 2010

Sour Cream Mexican Rice

Again, this was really good! I love any kind of rice so maybe I am not the best critic, but this was something new and different and everyone loved it, even Colin. I probably wouldn’t make this on a weeknight just because I like super quick meals but I think we will be eating a lot of this side dish in the future. *Note: I accidentally left out the cilantro and it was still really amazing. Can’t wait to see what it tastes like when I remember to add all of the ingredients. Also, I doubled the recipe as we had 7 adults and one hungry baby and it was way more than enough.













Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
2 cups shredded pepper Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
1 can corn
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
salt and ground black pepper to taste
Directions:
In a large pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.

In the pot with the cooked rice, mix the sour cream, green chile peppers, 1 cup pepper Jack cheese, corn, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.

Source: http://www.allrecipes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment