Monday, November 22, 2010

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

I do not know where I got this recipe but I wish I had written it down so I could give them credit.  It is yummy and that is coming from someone who is not a big pumpkin fan.  I like pumpkin seeds and every now and then I like pumpkin bread but that is about it.  That is, until tonight when I tasted one of these cookies!  I made them to take to Thanksgiving and wish I would have made them earlier in the month.  These will definitely go into the regular rotation next fall.


Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.  In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by spoonful (dough will be very sticky).  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.


To Make Glaze: Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 5 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp melted butter, and 1 tsp vanilla. Add more milk as needed to achieve drizzling consistency.

Here they are all packed up and ready for Thanksgiving...have I mentioned I can't wait?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment