Monday, March 29, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes

Blueberry pancakes are Colin's favorite breakfast treat - Luke and I are big fans too so I make them pretty often.  This is a basic recipe and I think I originally found it on All Recipes.  It makes about 12 pancakes (medium sized) and I have found it's easier to drop the blueberries in the batter once it's on the griddle, but feel free to do it however you want to!  The recipe below says to let the batter sit for one hour but I rarely do this.  I normally make the batter first, then cook the bacon and eggs, then the pancakes.  So it does sit for about 30 minutes probably but I don't think it makes any difference.  If you don't have a sifter just make sure to thoroughly mix the dry ingredients before adding the egg, milk, and butter. This recipes makes yummy, fluffy pancakes - enjoy!

















Ignore the crummy picture - we were already eating and I remembered I hadn't taken one yet.  Here are the leftover pancakes Colin is taking to school for breakfast this week.


Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup blueberries

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk. Stir milk and egg into flour mixture. Mix in the butter and fold in the blueberries. Set aside for 1 hour.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment