Monday, June 28, 2010

Balsamic Spinach, Tomato & Pepper Pasta


Ingredients:
- Box of bowtie pasta (you can use ziti, rotini, anything you want)
- Light Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 cans diced italian tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers (red & yellow)
- spinach leaves

Directions:
- Prepare the pasta as directed on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking slice up the peppers.
- Toss the peppers in a skillet w/a little bit of olive oil, kosher salt, and italian seasoning.
- Add some of the balsamic dressing (I didn't measure but used about 1/3 cup)
- Next add the tomatoes, then a little more dressing (about another 1/3 or 1/4 cup).
- Let it simmer a few minutes, then add the spinach - I used the entire 6 oz bag and it was just right.  If you are an especially big spinach lover, buy a bigger bag!
- Stir it all around until the spinach wilts, then toss with your cooked pasta, top with some parmesan cheese and dinner is served.

This was a nice light and summery meal that I will definitely be making again.  I am not normally a huge fan of balsamic vinaigrette (to tangy/vinegary for me) but it worked well in this dish.  All 3 of us cleaned our plates and I am excited to take my leftovers to work tomorrow - that's how you know it was a pretty tasty meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment