Saturday, April 17, 2010

Guilt Free Berry Smoothie

For some reason this morning I wanted to make a smoothie.  I could not get it out of my head so I started looking through the fridge and I actually had all the necessary ingredients.  It was pretty tasty - not as good as Jamba Juice, but there were also not 1000 calories in the smoothie either. Guess it is a bit of a trade off.  You can use whatever fruit you have on hand and I suppose if you don't have any yogurt you could use ice and milk instead and it would be just as yummy. Anyhow, I didn't follow a recipe, just threw stuff in the blender and wrote it down as I went.


Ingredients:
1 kiwi (peeled and cut into chunks)
12 blackberries
6 strawberries (stems removed)
1/2 banana (because Colin ate the other half)
1.5 cups plain yogurt
Honey to taste


Directions:
Throw all ingredients into the blender and push the button.


It is pretty easy and it tasted good.  I added a little bit of ice to try and thicken it up - using frozen fruit instead of fresh would be good with this to give it a thicker consistency.  Also, make sure and use the honey otherwise it's a little too tart or something.  The honey seems to balance it out.  This recipe made enough for a big glass for me and Luke and we had some leftover for Colin.  This would also be a good recipe for homemade smoothie popsicles....yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment